skip to main | skip to sidebar
LM Photos by Laur - Portraiture
Home *** Portraits *** Children *** Events *** Commercial *** Nature ***
*

Tributes in Memory of Amazing Women
















Newer Post Older Post Home

Portraits & Art

Portraits & Art

Portraits create an opportunity to combine many amazing elements into a single moment of time that strives to preserve the essence of the person in front of the lens. The canvas is composed by the location and setting; the paintbrush is the light used to highlight important features; and the color, vibrance, mood, and feeling of the composition comes from interaction and the opportunity to get to know you.





Do Your Eyes Speak?

Do Your Eyes Speak?
The thing I love about taking portraits is trying to capture an emotion or feeling that shares who you are. I always aim to capture what I see behind the eyes.






From Unique to Traditional, Your Portrait Should Be About You

From Unique to Traditional, Your Portrait Should Be About You

Being comfortable and having an idea in mind of what you would like during your portrait session always helps achieve good results. From blue jeans to formals, think about what style suits who you are and what you would like to convey in your photograph. Do you like outdoor settings, do you like studio settings, black backdrops? Your portrait session can be customized to what you want your portrait to say about you. Feel free to ask questions or throw out ideas of what you have in mind.





Photo Shoots Should be Fun & Filled With Laughter

Photo Shoots Should be Fun & Filled With Laughter
Group shots can be challenging, but they can be infused with rich interaction and the opportunity to experience as well as capture the group's dynamic and loving relationship.







Unwilling Participants

Unwilling Participants
Sometimes one of the participants in a group shot really isn't into having their pictures taken and it really comes through in the end result. Since the whole goal of the photograph should be to preserve a happy memory and document who your group is to each other the most important thing is to not stress. We can continue shooting around the person who isn't having a great time and see if this doesn't bring them gladly back into the fun.

Individual Portraits

Individual Portraits
When shooting singles, I love to find your favorite feature and focus on that. Having your picture taken should make you feel good about yourself and the experience. So many people don't see the beauty they possess and I believe it is my privilege to try to show you what I see.






Portrait Opportunities Everywhere - Even on Bike Runs

Portrait Opportunities Everywhere - Even on Bike Runs



Bikers Make Beautiful Models - The Sturgis Girls

Bikers Make Beautiful Models - The Sturgis Girls




Always Learning

Always Learning
The more portraits I take, the more I experience the light that highlights features and brings a photograph to life. I hope I never stop learning and ever am improving.

See you on the other side of the lens.
Laur

A Little About Me

A Little About Me
My name is Laurie Mefferd & I am a freelance photographer with a passion for everything related to photography.

A diverse background has exposed me to many different types of photography including portraiture, architectural, nature and beyond. What I've found is that as long as there is a camera in my hand I'm happy. Each venue inspires me and presents opportunities to capture what my senses feel when I look through my lens.

Family is very precious to me, and my beautiful daughter whom I love with all my heart has been incredibly supportive and is my inspiration in so many ways.

Please click here to email me about your photography needs.

Terms of Use:

All who view or utilize this blog, including but not limited to all related links herewith contained assume sole and full responsibility for use of same. It is further understood that Laurie Mefferd will be held harmless and may not be held liable for any or all causes that may occur related to use of same.